What is Forgiveness
Psychologists generally define forgiveness as a conscious , Deliberate decision to release feelings of resentment or vengeance toward a person or group who has harmed you. regardless of whether they actually deserve your forgiveness.
Benefits of forgiveness
- Better anger management skills
- Improve interpersonal relationship
- Good mental health
- Reduce stress and anger issues
- Lower blood pressure
- Better self -esteem
- Strengthened immune system
- Less hostility
These are the common benefits of forgiveness
Forgiveness Helps us to be Free of Fear
By learning how to forgive, we begin to discover that we have an inner freedom that we perhaps
didn’t even know was there. It is that inner freedom which enables us to find happiness even in
difficult situations. It is like we rise above circumstances and find an inner strength, and new
abilities to handle situations, and to handle other people and their behavior.
Through Forgiveness, we start to lose a lot of our fear of other people and our fear of life. We
begin to become kinder to ourselves and kinder to those around us. Does this cause them to behave
differently towards us? Very often it does, but we have the inner strength and inner freedom, such
that we do not need to rely on that. Our inner freedom liberates us from being a victim of
circumstances and enables us to shape the ways in which we are affected by the people and events
in our life.
Why should people forgive?
- Forgiveness changes destructive thoughts into quieter and more healthy thoughts
- People forgive to quiet their angry feeling
- forgiveness of one person helps you interact better with others.
- Forgiveness can improve your relationship with one who hart you
- People forgive because god asks you to do that. so people forgive as an actor of love toward god.
- Forgiveness is an opportunity for transformation, both individually and collectively.
Forgiveness is something a person should do for their own benefit.
Some quotes about fogginess
- The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong (mahathma ganthi)
- If you judge people you have no time to love them.
- Forgiveness breaks the silos of a disconnected humanity